Tuesday, November 14, 2006

On the somber occasion of the sixth Hebrew Yahrzeit of Ben Z'L, the 24th day of Heshvan, 5767 ...

"From Your Room"

From your room ...

Ben

I write these words ...

on this sixth year’s eve lonely without you ...

yes, from your room never to let go

where we wrestled in wee morning’s darkness

the implacable diabetic foe.

Where by your bedside

I sat many the night

afraid to leave you ...

lest it return.

Perhaps you wonder...

how ... how Dad is it so …

since eight years you moved out ... ago?

I bought the house back from mom

for my beloved kallah and me ...

Be sure Ben, please remember…

neither in doubt nor need,

our love for you was always agreed.

So accept these sparse words

your blue eyes to see ...

o’er these six years so tearful ... without thee.

No comments: